MAIER Strand Flaker OSB - MSF
OSB-, SSB- and other panel applications
The MAIER Strand Flaker OSB enables the energy-efficient continuous production of high-quality strands for OSB from greenwood and pre-cleaned recycling maxi-chips.
After passing the vibration conveyor, the permanent magnet drum and the infeed hopper, the maxi-chips are guided by the heavy-duty rotor to the knives of the static knife ring and cut into uniform flat strands.
- High-quality OSB by using maxi-chips from low-cost wood assortments (cripple wood, pre-cleaned recycling wood, etc.)
- Energy efficient strand-flaking
- Fast and easy knife ring exchange
- High machine availability
- Cost-efficient solution to enter OSB markets and to increase existing production capacities gradually
- Processing of maxi-chips (80 – 140 mm)
- Adjustable strand thickness
- Optimized strand discharge channel and knife-holder geometry
- Rotor and knife ring specially designed for optimal material distribution and strand quality
- Static reinforced knife ring with optimized number of knives